Turkey Casserole Recipe With Broccoli – This turkey casserole recipe is perfect for the person that has left over turkey and leftover ham after Thanksgiving. You no longer have to wonder what to do with this extra food. Turkey casserole recipes can be prepared in many different ways with many different ingredients. But we really think that we found a winner that incorporates turkey, ham, and broccoli.
How To Make Turkey Casserole With Broccoli
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus extra for the dish
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 large head broccoli (about 2 pounds), tough ends trimmed and cut into spears
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 pound sliced cooked turkey breast
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Butter a 9×13 inch casserole
- In a medium saucepan, melt the 4 tablespoons butter and stir in the flour until smooth. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring. Whisk in the chicken broth and cream. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened and smooth. Stir in the salt, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the Swiss cheese, and the cayenne pepper.
- In a large saucepan, cook the broccoli in boiling salted water for about 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and arrange in the casserole, covering the bottom. Top with the sliced ham, then the turkey.
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly over all and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, or until bubbly.
- If you decide to use this turkey casserole recipe as a pot luck style dinner for after Thanksgiving or Christmas or as a main course for a newly created dinner, I think you and your guests will enjoy it.