Brown Rice Vegetable Pilaf Recipe – Here is a brown rice pilaf recipe that we think everyone will enjoy. We don’t really specialize in Pilaf Recipes here at Potato Patch Recipes, but when we find a outstanding recipe we go with it.
Vegetarian Recipes are becoming more and more popular as people move towards a more health centered lifestyle.
This rice pilaf recipe certainly will qualify as a healthy dish.
How To Make Brown Rice Vegetable Pilaf
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tender celery stalks, leaves included, quartered lengthwise, and diced
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 fresh green chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 scallions, green part included, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, sliced lengthwise
- 1 3/4 cups cooked brown basmati rice
- 3/4 cup cooked split red lentils
- 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 5 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- salt & pepper
- fresh celery leaves to garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a deep skillet with a lid over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the celery, carrots, chile, scallions, and almonds. Stir fry for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are al dente but still brightly colored. Transfer to a bowl and set aside until needed.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet. Stir in the rice and lentils. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through. Reduce the heat. Stir in the stock and orange juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet. Toss with the rice for a few minutes until heated through. Transfer to a warmed dish, garnish with celery leaves, and serve.
- If you enjoyed this Brown Rice Vegetable Pilaf Recipe then please leave a comment and let us know.