Baked Ancho Mexican Beans – If you like Mexican food then this recipe is for you. Beans are healthy and this casserole makes a perfect vegetarian recipe. Baked Ancho Mexican Beans might be new to you but I promise you’ll like them.
Your prep time and cook time total should not take more then 1 hour. That includes a few red wine breaks.
Potato Patch Recipes is glad to present to you this new vegetarian recipe.
How To Make Baked Ancho Mexican Beans
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Optional 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped canned green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- Preheat the oven to 300F
- Coat a 1 1/2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the casserole, cover, and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes longer, or until the casserole is bubbly.